This is a very simple classic chocolate chips cookie recipe, but delicious nonetheless. I got it through a Canadian friend, and I believe good things are meant to be shared, so without further ado, here it is!
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ½ cups chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
In large bowl cream sugar and butter until light.
Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda. Mix and add the chocolate chips.
Shape into balls, spread on cooking tray.
Bake at 350F for about 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly brown.
- Too much baking soda will make your cookies with a strange taste, kinda bitter.
- Teflon coated trays are a must if you want to be practical. Use an appropriate spatula.
- You never bake until the end. The secret is to get them off the oven when the middle of the cookie is still soft, only the edges must be a little darker
- Temperatures must be medium-low, too low will take melt everything and take forever to bake, too hot will burn everything, you must know your oven. I know mine must have a bipolar disorder, it’s never stable, so I check it after the first 12 minutes and every 2 minutes after that.
- Store it in a closed container for extra chewiness later on.
- Don’t pig out! And remember to leave your comment below! <3 span="">3>